Brian Richardson was educated at Wits University with a BCom and an MBA. Currently a Founding Director and CEO of WIZZIT International, a global pioneer in mobile banking and financial inclusion. Brian is regarded as a pioneer in digitalisation and the use of technology in banking the unbanked. He was a recent recipient of the South African Technology personality of the
WIZZIT launched in 2004 and has taken its technology and branchless banking and digitalisation models to emerging markets in Africa, Central America and Eastern Europe and works with 16 leading banks and impacted the lives of 11 million previously unbanked people.
Brian is listed in Who’s Who of South African Business as well as the International Biography of Distinguished Leaders. He is an Ashoka Globaliser Fellow – a global network of Social Entrepreneurs.
He has lectured and presented at seminars and conferences throughout the world including:
- The Clinton Global Initiative to present the WIZZIT model as a means to “Bank a Billion”;
- SIBOS in Osaka Japan and SIBOS Africa
- The G20 Financial Inclusion Summit in Mexico;
- The Alliance for Financial Inclusion (AFI)
- Banking Associations of Venezuela, Peru, Brazil, Honduras, South Africa, Botswana; Albania, and many other
- He has been the invited guest speaker at the Central Banks of Nigeria, India and South Africa; Albania, Romania to mention a few
- He has presented at FATF and was invited to be part of the subcommittees on financial inclusion and regulation.
- He has also been invited to present at Harvard Business School on several occasions where WIZZIT is featured as a case study as well as many
of the world’s leading business schools
- He is a key note speaker at many leading global conferences.
Brian is married to an equally entrepreneurial wife and has 2 daughters and twin boys